***After you read this post, be sure to visit me at my new home here.***
No matter where you work, you probably suffer from time to time through days that seem as if they're never going to end. Since you spend a large majority of your life at work, it's important to enjoy the process! You can lighten your spirits by adding an element of fun to your workday. Here are some ideas:
- Work in a perk. When you plan your day, include one item that you can look forward to: lunch with your best friend, your favorite candy bar at the afternoon break, or a brisk, refreshing walk at noon.
- Breathe. Several times during the day, pause for three slow, deep, relaxing breaths. This helps clear your mind and calm your thoughts. Throw in a few good stretches for good measure.
- Keep stress relievers on hand. During a break, perform a fun activity that will let you rest the serious, logical part of your brain. A computer puzzle, or a quick game of "shooting hoops" in your wastebasket using a wadded-up sheet of scrap paper can rejuvenate your energy level. You might even want to keep your favorite joke book on hand for super-stressful times.
- Celebrate small victories. Throw a five-minute party with a treat from home, or quickly write out a thank you note for a coworker. Both you and your colleague will get a much-needed lift.
- Review your successes at the end of the day. Think about what you did well. Dwelling on your mistakes and failures will magnify their importance unfairly.
Tall Order! is a book that gets to the point. It helps you pinpoint what is going to get you the results you want, starting right now. Jeffrey Gitomer says, "Don't let the size fool you -- this book is compact dynamite! Buy this book!"
Honorée Enterprises, LLC. turns service providers into rainmakers, average producers into rock-stars, and dreams into reality. For more information on how we can specifically help you or your organization, click here. You can read all about Honorée here.