Want success? Get moving!


I think it's a given we all want to be more successful, wealthy, and happier in every area of our lives. What I notice is that most people are too tired to be more successful, they don't support their bodies physically so that their body can support the rest of their lives.

As I write this post, I'm using my SurfShelf which holds my laptop and allows me to walk (at 2.5 MPH) and work at the same time. I set a goal to walk 10,000 steps a day. That didn't seem like a hard goal to reach until I realized that I generally walk between 3,000-5,000 steps a day. To double or triple my number of steps, with my hectic schedule, wasn't going so well until I combined working and walking. I got creative about how to reach my goal.

Moving your body, circulating your oxygen, blood and lymph systems is what stirs up your energy and actually gives you more energy. A body at rest tends to stay at rest (and that body wants to rest more). A body in motion tends to stay in motion. When you're in motion, you tend to achieve more. Thus, adding some movement to your life on an almost-daily basis will surely help you to become more successful.


Coach's note: I'm not suggesting you train for a triathlon, a marathon or the Tour de France. I'm suggesting you move: walk after dinner with your family, or get up 20 minutes earlier and do a walking meditation and think about your day and your life's vision, or take a 10 minutes walk at lunch to pick up your sandwich. Our bodies are meant to move, and when we move them, they help us move in the direction of our goals and dreams.


No comments: