H is for Habits that Support You


I was asking myself the question today why so many people LOVE the idea of being really successful, prosperous and healthy, but fail to do what's necessary to make that happen (every single day), and then it hit me.

We are all creatures of habit.  In fact, most of what we do every single day we do unconsciously and on auto-pilot, therefore it is very hard for new habits to become established. Until we adopt proven habits and they are established and become our unconscious, consistent actions, we must rely on something to make those actions unconscious and on auto-pilot.

We know, intellectually at least, that setting goals, staying on track, and making progress is a good thing.  We also know that in less than five minutes a day, just by writing down what we want and what we will do in order to get it, we can move much closer to our goals, dreams and outcomes - not to mention achieving our purpose for being on earth!  Despite these great intentions and excitement, we still fail.

Well, here is a little trick that I use to easily help myself create new habits and routines I want to stick to daily.

1) I always plan my day electronically and mentally before I dive into it. I schedule every moment and then take a few minutes to visualize it going perfectly. Use your Outlook Calendar to block your time and trust me, the structure will set you free! You will get so much more done, more than you have ever accomplished before! You will also stop surfing the net, engaging in time-wasting conversations, etc. because when you use the "reminder setting," that very calendar will remind you what you previously decided you needed to be doing!

2) I enter my desired habits into the calendar and make them tasks that repeat every single day. So, at 5 a.m. my alarm goes off. At 6 a.m. I'm working out and by 8 a.m. I'm in my office. And, by the time I stop working on Monday, I know what I'll be doing every minute of Tuesday.

I have used this to develop powerful new habits such as:
*Exercising every single day
*Spending time reading and learning every single day
*Reviewing my goal list and affirmations every day; and even to
*Remember important birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc.

I have used it to take control of my time so that what I have said is truly important to me gets into my subconscious mind and becomes who I am. Then, I don't need those reminders because once I (YOU!) create those new success habits, they become automatic (just like brushing your teeth, showering, and eating a delicious dessert at the end of dinner). That is the absolutely beautiful thing about habits: once you've adopted the right ones, they will support you in your desired outcomes forever.

So, start today to take advantage of your imagination by creating those new habits mentally-first, and then use the technology at your fingertips to help make them reality. Your future belongs to you!


Honorée turns service providers into rainmakers, average producers into rock-stars, and dreams into reality. For more information on how she can specifically help you or your organization, click here.



No comments: