R is for Referrals, Part 7: Be a 1%-er in Everything You Do

A 1%-er is someone who seemingly has everything they want and can do anything they want to do. In truth, a 1%-er is someone who lives by a code of conduct that almost ensures their personal and professional lives work. They enjoy success seemingly effortlessly. It's simple to become a 1%-er, and definitely not easy. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it to you.



First, I suggest you write your own Code of Conduct, and I'll share some suggestions my own personal Code of Conduct:
  1. I live by the Golden Rule, which states, "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself, and one should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated."
  2. I give first.
  3. I give more than what I am paid to give. I under-promise and over-deliver.
  4. I speak my truth and I tell the truth.
  5. I help other people.
  6. I keep my word. I do what I say, every time, with no exception. If I break my word, I will makes a new agreement that is a win-win.
  7. I identify the right actions to achieve my goals and outcomes, and I do them consistently with urgency and intention.
  8. I know my core values and uses them as a guide for all of my decision making.
  9. I laugh out loud and have fun every single day.
Second, I suggest you live by your Code of Conduct.

Someone who is a 1%-er does the things consistently that take them closer to their goals. They do the things others are not always willing to do. Living with integrity, making the calls, following-up, getting up early and staying up late, working when you're tired, making the ask ... all of those things are challenging. There's no question.

Here's the truth: 1%-ers have what others want and you can be a 1%-er, too, if you're willing to do what they do. It's that simple.

Honorée turns service providers into rainmakers, average producers into rock-stars, and dreams into reality. For more information on how she can specifically help you or your organization, click here.

No comments: