Simplify

My personal lifestyle goals include enjoying life, working as intelligently as possible, and still prospering massively. I use a few simple ideas in my quest for an amazing lifestyle.  While it looks easy, it takes thought, effort and planning. 


 The first step is simplification. People say they hire me because they want to "double their income and triple their time off." Oh sure, no problem! And ... the first thing they must learn to do is simplify everything, starting here:
  1. Ruthlessly evaluate each and every activity you're engaging in, then reduce and eliminate those low-value activities that (a) take up valuable time while (b) contributing very little to your goals. It is tempting to answer the emails, surf the web for a lower price, go to Office Depot, and yet you could have one of your team members handle it while you're making the big bucks.
  2. Do more of the things that make an impact on your bottom line. These are known as revenue-generating activities. When I hear, "I spent the whole day in my office and got nothing important done," I'm quite frankly flabbergasted. How on earth can you have a profitable business if you're not getting anything of value done? Then exactly when will you do valuable, profit-increasing, revenue-generating activities that need to be done to keep the business moving in the right direction. Without question, these activities are the ones you're supposed to do first!
  3. Use "Zero-based Thinking" by asking yourself this question: What am I doing right now, that knowing what I now know, I wouldn’t get into again if I was starting over (such as: a relationship, business, activity, product, service, expenditure of time or money). When identified, this activity needs to be downsized or eliminated, or contact with a particular person needs to be minimized or eliminated. Implementing Zero-based Thinking can almost overnight simplify your life (not to mention lowering your stress level). Most likely, the next-most important questions are: How do I get out of this? and how fast? What should I do more of, less of, start or stop doing?
The benefits of taking the time to simplify are well worth it. You'll be doing work that's productive, the work you're doing will provide you with the cash-flow and profitability you need, so you can have the personal life you desire. The process takes time and is well worth the effort.

No comments: