- Decide whatever happens won't beat you. You will survive. You will thrive. You will triumph. Period.
- Get physical. Go for a run - or a walk - just get moving! Fear is in your body and when you rev up your adrenaline, you release your nervous energy and feel more in control.
- Watch what you watch, read and listen to. Stay informed yes, but being inundated does you no good! No sense in having CNN on 24/7. Everyone talking hard times and lack only fuels any insecurities you may have. Instead, visit www.mindmovies.com or read something positive, like the classic The Power of Positive Thinking by the Rev. Norman Vincent Peale. Good stuff in equals good stuff out.
- Look for and capitalize on opportunities. There is low hanging fruit that you might be missing. Is there someone you need to call? Email? Visit? Have you made your best client feel spectacular lately (today)? Will you look back on this time and shake your head at the amazing opportunities you missed? Get moving and you won't have time to worry.
- To market, to market! Now is the time to market your products and services, define your USP and make sure everyone knows what sets you apart.
- Create and execute a plan. Success is a numbers game, you have to play to win. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Put together a solid plan and then put one foot in front of the other executing that plan! For a complimentary copy of my 100-Day Action Plan, send me an email with 100-Day Plan in the subject line.
- Give to others. Without question, the readers of this Blog are among the lucky. You may or may not be flush with cash - yet there are many others who face challenges much greater. Reach out and help ... you'll be glad you did.
It's A New Season. Are You Bundled Up Yet?
Its gotten quite chilly - and I don't mean outside! Our economy has clearly transitioned into winter, and that means there's more fear and panic than we've seen in quite some time. I've got a few suggestions that will help you control your attitude and emotions during this challenging time: