- An illustrated children's book, autographed and signed by the author to your client's children (or grandchildren). My favorite is The Success of Robert Fitzgibbons, by Eric Blank.
- Personalized stationary. In a perfect world we do business with our friends, and our friends send us personal notes on their personal stationary. No logos. No business cards. You can order high-quality notes at Crane's here in your client's favorite (or corporate) colors that they can use to raise the quality of their client relationships all year long.
- Buy your client their name in the form of a personal domain ... www-dot-yourclientsname-dot-com at NetSol. Buy it for ten years, and direct them to my article on making sure when their name is Googled, their personal page comes up (and it can be directed to their corporate website).
- Make a donation in their name to a charity like Kiva or Room to Read.
- Red Envelope has a great selection of gifts in all price ranges - they come with a story and wrapped in a red box with a white satin bow. Here you can honor your clients affinity for a hobby (golf, tennis) or fine spirits or just finer things.
Remember to enjoy the process of sending your clients gifts. It really is the thought that counts.