Are You Response-able?


I have been attempting to reach someone for a couple of months who seems to be "too busy" to return my calls and emails. Funny thing is, the reasons I've been calling have involved a few micro opportunities and one mega opportunity -- for them. My calls and emails aren't being responded to, and if they are, it's with a promise of "I'll call you soon," which doesn't seem to happen before the opportunity passes. No matter, really, because I have passed on those opportunities to others who have been more "response-able."

Do you have a 24- or 48-hour response policy for all calls and emails? If not, now is the time to put one into place. I know a realtor who responds to all calls within one hour! While you may not be able to do that (I'm not either), putting a policy in place that people can count on does wonders for your credibility and reputation.

I challenge you to view your conduct as your clients view your conduct, and make any changes that could be valuable. It's worth it to do this self-evaluation because it's a win-win for everyone.

Honorée has dedicated her life to being a positive force for good. She writes personal and professional growth books for professionals, and The Successful Single Mom books series. As an executive coach and corporate trainer, she turns service providers into rainmakers, average producers into rock-stars, and dreams into reality. For more information on how she can specifically help you or your organization, click here, and visit her website here.

No comments: