Who Makes You Feel Like Anything is Possible? (Thank you, Tony Robbins!)

Byron & Me @ Tony Robbin's Date with Destiny 2011

For my entire life, I've looked to others for inspiration. I've been drawn to the positive, repelled by the negative. Those who know me best know that while I take on any challenge with spirit, I run from any type of negativity. I've gravitated to those who allow me to feel like anything is possible!

There have been a several turning-points in my life, caused by people I've been lucky enough to meet, and they have literally altered the course of my life. Here are a few of them:

I've lost track of my old friend Ipek, who first introduced me to Tony Robbins. She was reading Awaken the Giant Within and the minute I saw it, I ran to the bookstore to get it (those were the days before iBooks and iPad). I read his book over the course of the first 24 hours I had it (and almost got fired for reading instead of working). I then attended his "UPW" seminar (which I've attended several times since), and the course of my life was changed forever. It was this book and seminar that, for the first time, had me feeling like I could achieve anything, regardless of the fact that I was a foster kid, had no college education, or was a single mom.

Next, while living in Hawaii in the late '90s, I met an incredible lady named Pam Chambers. She's a presentation coach, and after we became friends I took her classes. They were terrific, but Pam said something powerful and positive to me in those classes that has stayed with me all these years. I didn't really believe her, or take action on those words for many years, but I heard what she said then, and I can still hear her voice in my head. (Thank you, Pam!)

Then, attending a seminar in December of 2004, I met Mark Victor Hansen. He's the co-author, along with Jack Canfield, of the extraordinarily successful Chicken Soup for the Soul book series. I got the opportunity to have about a 20 minute conversation with him, and he encouraged me to turn my most popular speaking presentation into a book. Six months later, I got an endorsement from him for the front cover of my book Tall Order! and six weeks later delivered a signed copy to him in person.

Fast forward to the present day, I am a huge fan of people who "MSH" (Honorée-ism: make shit happen). I'm thoroughly impressed by the following ladies, because they inspire me and make me feel like: "If they can do it, I can do it." If you don't know about them, they're worth noting and following:

Rachel Zoe: Formerly known as a stylist to the top stars in Hollywood, Zoe is about to begin her 4th season of The Rachel Zoe Project. Watching her balance her relationship, her business, her collections, and the show, all while looking fabulous has given me a new appreciation for her and for fashion. I'm looking forward to seeing her new son and hearing how she's balancing motherhood and family with work on season 4. In the meantime, I'm a reader (not just subscriber) of her blog. You could say I'm bananas!

Jillian Michaels: Although no longer a trainer on The Biggest Loser, I've watched her for all 12 seasons. Jillian exemplifies health and wellness, walking your talk and speaking your truth. I can't wait to see what's next for her because I've been inspired to do so much because of her already! (P.S. Her videos really will get you in shape fast - I have the yoga and 30-day shred videos and they rock!)

Betheny Frankel: This is a woman who inspires me every day. I was in awe when I heard she sold her Skinny Girl Margarita for a life-changing sum of money, seemingly against all odds. Her story, just to this point, is massively inspirational. Google her, if you've somehow missed her buzz, and prepare to be amazed. Bethenny and I have much in common, so I can take from her story of triumph and continue to be inspired to create my own.

These are a few of the people who have inspired me, and allowed me to feel like anything and everything is possible because they are normal people who have achieved and accomplished extraordinary things. Deep down, we're all capable of doing exactly that. I believe that, do you?

Who make you feel like anything is possible? I hope you have a list much longer than mine.

Coach's Note: If you need to hear anything is possible for you, and your list falls short, kindly allow me to be that person for you. Believe me when I say: you can have, do, be and create anything and everything you set your mind to and heart on, so go for it with every ounce of your being (and let me know how great things turn out). The best is yet to come.

Honorée has dedicated her life to being a positive force for good. She writes personal and professional growth books for professionals, and The Successful Single Mom books series. As an executive coach and corporate trainer, she turns service providers into rainmakers, average producers into rock-stars, and dreams into reality. For more information on how she can specifically help you or your organization, click here.

No comments: