R is for Referrals, Part 3: Share


If you've followed my advice from Parts 1 and 2, now is the time to get back in front of the people you've gotten into a relationship with, and hopefully have given value to, to share what you need next most.

Is it appropriate to ask for referrals, introductions and business? I say absolutely YES! Would you hesitate to ask a friend for help? Of course not, and in this scenario, your network is now just a list of your friends. Friends want to help friends, to not just survive, but to thrive. I absolutely believe that it is a true friend's calling to do everything in their power to do just that. To go one step further, don't you want to help your friends? Wouldn't you do anything to help your friends? I know I would.

I have a very dear friend who says, "You are the sum of your seven closest friends."

So get on the phone, set some appointments, check in with your peeps to find out how they're doing, and ask for their assistance by sharing with them your goals, what you need and want ... and be sure to ask how else you can be of assistance to them.

No comments: