Great news: you have lots of opportunities, too! The first thing to do is get your head screwed on right! Said another way, give yourself a massive positive attitude adjustment. You win the game of success between your ears first! Once done, you will notice the opportunities that surround you.It isn't always easy, however, to put on a happy face when those around you are still talking about how real estate is down 40% and lots of companies are laying people off. (Newsflash: Lots of companies are growing and hiring!)
- Turn off CNN and turn on ESPN (or E!).
- Read something positive every day. Start here: The Power of Positive Thinking, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. Think & Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill. Cracking the Millionaire Code, Mark Victor Hansen/Robert Allen. The Magic of Thinking Big, David Schwartz. The 4-Hour Work Week, Timothy Ferriss.
- Listen to something positive every day: Any one of the above-mentioned books is available on CD or mp3. You can also visit www.nightingale-conant.com for an unending list of positive audios to keep you motivated. I'm also loving the Everything is Energy Radio Show. You can download it on iTunes or listen here. (Hint: what you predominantly listen to really does affect you and determines in large part your success level!)
- Surround yourself with positive people. Step away from the gloom-and-doom predictors. They'll bring you down now and ask you for a loan later.
- Eat healthy food. Drink water. Exercise.
- Get your finances, estate plan and other personal documents in order.
- Refuse to participate in any down economy and commit to creating your own rockin' business!
To your success!