***After you read this post, be sure to visit me at my new home here.***
Just when you think the way has cleared for a smooth ride, challenges come up just to keep things interesting. How do you find success in the face of setbacks? You follow a simple set of strategies that make all the difference.
- Strategy #1: The minute you decide to stay in the game, you're in the top 10%. About 90% of people simply give up, so by re-committing to your desired outcome, you're already way ahead!
- Strategy #2: Surround yourself with winners. Your associates determine your success, so choose wisely who you have around you.
- Strategy #3: Make your self-talk superb. Create a personal mantra, like, "I can do this!" or "I am unstoppable!" and use it to keep your mind right.
- Strategy #4: Mistakes are invaluable, so learn from them. Super-achievers know they will either (a) do well in something they undertake or (b) learn some valuable lessons. Most successful people actually "fail their way to success."
- Strategy #5: Don't marinate in your failure. A quick recovery is key to upward mobility. The longer you spend feeling sorry for yourself, wallow or whine, the longer it will take for you to regain your moment. Just like in prize-fighting, you've got exactly ten seconds to get up and if you don't, you've lost the fight. Decide that no matter what knocks you down, it won't keep you down.
When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade or lemon mousse! You decide to be a winner and let the best you shine through.